Best Places to Visit in Tennessee
East Tennessee 🌲
Home to the Appalachian Mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, East Tennessee features captivating destinations that offer epic outdoor adventures, rich history, and eclectic entertainment.
From the bustling energy of urban Knoxville and the Smoky Mountain wonders of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, to the historic charm of the Tri-Cities (Johnson City, Bristol, Kingsport) and the beauty of the ‘Scenic City’ of Chattanooga, East Tennessee has charming small towns and cities full of character.
- 9 Fun Day Trip Ideas From Johnson City for All-Day Adventure
- Where to Hike Near Johnson City: 27 Best Hiking Trails
- 10+ Best Things to Do in the Historic Town of Jonesborough
- 15 Drool-Worthy Restaurants in Downtown Johnson City
- 11 Best Things to Do in Small Town Elizabethton, TN
- 15 Best Finger-Licking Food Trucks in Johnson City (& Tri-Cities)
- 50 Best Things to Do in Johnson City (The Ultimate Bucket List!)
- The Ultimate Foodie Guide: 30 Best Restaurants in Johnson City
- 20+ Best Things to Do in Bristol, TN-VA: The Birthplace of Country Music
Middle Tennessee 🥃
Adventures abound in Middle Tennessee. Discover the vibrant music + food scene and iconic landmarks of Nashville and historic Franklin, go for tastings at the Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, or soak up the natural beauty of the Cumberland Plateau and its stunning waterfalls in places like Fall Creek Falls State Park.
- 15 Best Things to Do in Murfreesboro
- Complete Guide to Cummins Falls State Park
- Nashville in the Fall: 13 Best Fall Activities in Music City
- 9 Best Luxury & Mountain Cabin Rentals in Nashville
- 21 of the Best Small Towns in Tennessee
- 15 Fun Things to Do in the Hidden Gem of Cookeville, TN
- 9 Best Cabins in Cookeville, TN (Cozy & Unique Stays)
- Camping Near Nashville: 10 Best & Unique Campgrounds
- 18 Best Restaurants in Nashville (Delectable Places to Eat)
West Tennessee 🎸
Subscribe to our Tennessee Travel Newsletter to receive updates.